Ragging in any form, is totally prohibited in the campus of Maharaja Surajmal Group of Institutions and the Management is committed to following UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institute, 2009 (Under Section 26 (1) (g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING
The Institute shall punish a student found guilty or ragging after following the procedure and in manner prescribed herein under:
The anti ragging committee of the Institute shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti Ragging Squad.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the Institute in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension / expulsion from the Institute / University.
- Cancelation of admission.
- Rustication from the Institute / University for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the Institute / University and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institute / university for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the University shall resort to collective punishment.
Click below for further details: